Artichoke Festival King and Queen Contest Official Rules
General Contest Rules
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Cowles California
Media - KION-TV, KCBA-TV, The Central Coast CW (KION-TV 46.2), KMUV-LP, and
affiliated websites - referred to throughout as "the Station." Each
contest may have its own specific rules which will be set forth in addition to
these rules and will be available atwww.KIONrightnow.com or www.KCBA.com and
Cowles California Media Studios at 1550 Moffett Street, Salinas, CA 93905.
KCBA Artichoke Festival King and Queen Contest Official Rules
March 6th, 2013 to April 1st, 2013
Who Can Enter
1. To enter, contestants must be legal residents of the State of California, who are between the ages of 15 and 18 years. They must be single with no dependants, and in an accredited high school located within the viewing area of KION-TV and KCBA-TV. The Station reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or den awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
Entries from students under the age of 18 must have signed permission from a parent or legal guardian to participate and release the use of their image, if selected as a finalist.
Finalists must be available to attend the Castroville Artichoke Festival on May 18, 2013. The winner(s) (King and Queen) must also be available to ride in the float for the parade on the morning of May 19, 2013.
2. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of the Station, contest sponsors and/or any employees of Cowles Company Properties and/or their families are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win prizes.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
4. The Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a phone call, receiving an email, accessing the Station website, or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation or prize claim. The Station is not responsible for any printing errors.
5. All entries become the property of Cowles California Media and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified in the Station's sole discretion.
6. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. The TV Station may run more than one contest simultaneously.
7. Depending on the contest, the Station will designate the required method of entry. The following apply to the applicable entry method designated:
For the Artichoke King and Queen Contest, all entries will be collected via the internet. Contestants must go to KIONRightNow.com or KCBA.com and complete the registration form including their name, and other information listed. Use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
Entries must be received by 11:59 April 1st, 2013. Finalists will be selected by April 3, 2013 and will be notified via phone and/or email.
How to Win
A select committee made up of Artichoke Festival organizers and KION-TV employees will select (4) male and five (4) female finalists from the registrations received through KIONRightnow.com and KCBA.com. Selection will be based on academic performance, personal accomplishments, community service and their named charity of choice. Finalists entries will be featured online at KIONrightnow.com or KCBA.com encouraging the public to vote for the Artichoke Festival King and Queen at KIONrightnow.com between April 8th, 2013 and May 1st, 2013. Voting will help the Artichoke Festival organizers in selecting a King and Queen.
The students named Artichoke King and Queen will each receive a college scholarship of $400 from the Castroville Artichoke Festival. The Students named Artichoke Prince and Princess will each receive a college scholarship of $100 from the Castroville Artichoke Festival.
8. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated on-air, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by the Station and all required paperwork (including, without limitation, liability release agreements and potential background check) have been completed by the pending winner within the required deadlines.
9. Prize(s) will be released to winner(s) only. Winner(s) may be required to present a valid state photo ID and valid social security number in order to receive any prize. All winner(s) are required to sign a Release relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents, contest sponsors (Castroville Artichoke Festival, Ocean Mist Farms), and network affiliates (CBS, FOX, The CW, Telemundo) from any and all liability with respect to the contestant's participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
10. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No Substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner but sponsors reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
11. Prize recipient(s) must be willing to have their likeness photographed, taped and posted on the Station and affiliated websites. Cowles California Media retains the rights to all footage, pictures and interviews gathered before, during, and after the contest is complete.
12. The Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Station.
13. By participating in a Station contest, entrants hereby consents to the Station and contest sponsors' usage of any one or more of the following for on-air broadcast and for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant's name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant's telephone call and/or email submission.
14. Complete contest rules are available at www.KIONrightnow.com or www.KCBA.com and at Cowles California Media studios at 1550 Moffett Street, Salinas, CA 93905 during normal business hours, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5pm.
15. The Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
16. The Station reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.