SAN LUIS OBISPO County, Calif- According to the Sheriff's Department 21. 15% of stores in the county sold tobacco to minors during a recent sting operation.
The sheriff's department conducted the sting operation to see what store would sell to minors. Deputies used underage decoys to go to the stores and try to buy tobacco.
The decoys visited fifty-two tobacco retailers throughout the county. Eleven clerks sold tobacco to the decoys, said deputies. All but one of those clerks still sold tobacco to the decoys even after they asked to see identification.
Who sold Tobacco to minors?
1. Avila Mercantile & Grocery, 354 Front Street, Avila Beach, CA 93424
2. Bob & Jan's Bottle Shop, 2295 Main Street, Cambria, CA 93428
3. Old Cambria Market Place, 589 Main Street, Cambria, CA 93428
4. Paul's Liquor, 101 N Ocean Boulevard, Cayucos, CA 93430
5. Ralphs # 271, 1240 Los Osos Valley Road, Los Osos, CA 93402
6. CVS Pharmacy #9782, 610 W Tefft Street, Nipomo, CA 93444
7. La Placita Market, 515 Orchard Road, Nipomo, CA 93444
8. Super Carniceria La Chiquita, 170 S Thompson Avenue, Nipomo, CA 93444
9. Vons Store #1621, 525 Tefft Street, Nipomo, CA 93444
10. Margarita Mercantile, 22304 G Street, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
11. San Simeon Mini Mart, 9520 Castillo Drive, San Simeon, CA 93452