SANTA MARIA, Calif. -- Firefighters responded to reports of structure fire along the 100 block of North Broadway.
Crews say it happened Monday night around 10:45 p.m. Four smoke detectors were activated on the third floor of Union Plaza. When firefighters arrived they saw smoke in the hallway and quickly evacuated people in the building.
Fire crews found the source of the smoke, which turned out to be burnt food in one of the rooms. Firefighters ventilated the 3rd floor and later let all the occupants back into their rooms.
Santa Maria PD, with Santa Barbara County and San Luis County fire units assisted the Santa Maria Fire Department by covering the city in case of additional emergency calls for service.
Firefighters say there was no damage or injuries from the incident.