Wells Fargo is proud to support organizations working to strengthen our communities. Through
the efforts of our enthusiastic team member-volunteers and our contributions, we share our
success within our communities by giving back to non-profits and educational institutions that
address vital community needs and issues.
The Wells Fargo Valley Coastal Market will be making 10 grants in the amount of $5,000 each to
promote academic achievement for low- and moderate-income students with a priority on K-12
schools in the communities of Gilroy, Hollister, Salinas, Watsonville, and Monterey.
To be eligible for funding, schools in these communities must have 51% or more of their students
on the free and reduced lunch program, and an 800 API score or are meeting their annual growth
target as set by the state of California.
Letter of Intent:
Please use 1" margins on all sides and 12 point type (Times or similar font). Not to exceed two pages.
On a cover page, please list:
1. Letter date
2. School's name and contact information (full address, including mailing address if different, and
telephone, fax, and web address)
3. School district's tax I.D. number or vendor code
4. Contact person's name, title, and contact information (telephone, fax, e-mail)
5. Dollar amount of this funding request
6. Total project budget (if applicable)
Letter text — in a maximum of two pages, please include:
1. Purpose of this funding request. Please describe:
a. The issue or need you are addressing
b. The target population, number of students/individuals that will benefit from this proposal
c. What you hope to accomplish (outputs and/or outcomes)
d. How you intend to accomplish the above
2. Brief history or description of previous year's accomplishments
3. Other funding sources, leveraged funds, or matching funds used for this project
4. Signature of school principal
Email only to:
Sandy Cha, Community Affairs Officer: Sandy.Cha@wellsfargo.com
Questions, please contact Sandy Cha at (559) 437-7660